Being healthy is a lifestyle choice. Healthy living starts when you wake up in the morning and incorporates exercise, skincare, work routine, diet and even your sleep at night. It can be challenging to lead a healthy life day after day, but it is important to take care of ourselves. Here at Spa Gregorie’s, we are committed to helping you make healthy decisions. Here are some our favorite suggestions to leading a healthy life, one day at a time:
1. Start your day with a cup of hot water and lemon. Before getting ready in the morning, enjoy a cup of lemon water to help stimulate your digestive system, thus improving your body’s ability to absorb nutrients.
2. For a quick breakfast on the go, try Greek Yogurt with fresh berries, a fresh fruit smoothie, or the “Two Ingredient Pancakes” made out of bananas and eggs: they are fast, nutritional, and delicious! (See Below for Recipe)
3. Take advantage of small breaks throughout your day. Go for a quick walk or run for a burst of energy, or sit in the sun for 10-15 minutes during a coffee break. We guarantee you will feel more relaxed and energized throughout your day.
4. Have a healthy snack: we personally recommend walnuts and dried cranberries!
5. Do something you enjoy right before bedtime. Unwind after your long day with a good read, a warm bath, or a cup of calming tea. This will help you de-stress and get a better nights sleep.
The “Two Ingredient Pancakes”
1 Large Banana, mashed (best if perfectly ripe, or turning brown)
Peel and mash the banana, stir in the egg. (Mix in any other ingredients: granola, fresh berries, cinnamon, etc.)
Heat a non stick skillet and lightly spray with oil. Tun the heat down to medium-low.
Pour a circle of batter into the pan
Cook until golden brown on the underside (around 1 minute) sprinkle on any chunky ingredients (e.g. chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, if using), then use a metal spatula to flip and cook until golden brown on the other side (30 seconds to 1 minute).
Serve warm with whatever you would like!