Enjoy this delicious shrimp salad – it makes a great light meal on its own, or you can serve it as a side salad to a larger meal. Full of nutrients, this salad is a simple and easy recipe to add to your repertoire.
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves 4.
- 1 lb medium-sized cooked shrimp
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 TBS vegetable broth 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 3 TBS chopped fresh parsley and/or cilantro small head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- *optional 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing:
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey or agave
- Sea Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Directions: Press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out the health benefits. Add broth to medium skillet and after it has heated up, sauté asparagus on medium high for 5 minutes. Whisk together lemon, oil, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss cooked shrimp, asparagus, parsley, and tomato with dressing and herbs. Allow shrimp salad to sit and marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serve shrimp mixture on bed of lettuce and top with crumbled goat cheese, if desired. Season to taste.