You may not have realized that every time you clean out your pumpkin and throw out the middle, you are throwing away a delicious snack that also gives you strong, healthy hair. This year, don’t throw away your pumpkin seeds, roast them and turn the byproduct into a healthy snack. Here is how:
- Separate pumpkin seeds from pulp and remove strings
- This step is optional: place seeds in colander, rinse and pat dry. I don’t wash them, they are more flavoursome with traces of pulp on them.
- Spread seeds on baking tray. No need to add any oil or salt (see note at the end).
- Bake at 190 C (375 F) for 20 min or until golden and crunchy.
- Cool before eating. Delicious!
You could eat the whole thing with the shell if you like. But pumpkin shells might be a bit tough, preferably it is best to remove them. The best way to do it is to crack the shell with your teeth . Enjoy 🙂