- ½ medium onion, minced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbs +1 Tbs chicken broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms (crimini, maitake, or shitake)
- ½ medium tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 3 large organic eggs
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- optional: a handful of spinach or arugula to top frittata
-Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits. -Heat 1 Tbs broth in a 10-inch stainless steel skillet. Saute onion over medium low heat for 3 minutes.
-Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to sauté for another couple of minutes.
-Add 1 Tbs broth, tomato, sea salt, and pepper and cook for another minute.
-Beat eggs and season with sea salt and pepper. Mix in chopped basil. Pour eggs over vegetables evenly and turn heat to low. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until firm.
-Healthy Option: toss a handful of spinach or arugula on top of eggs to add some greens to your meal.
-Cut into wedges and serve.