We know you love sipping on a warm Pumpkin Spice Latte this time of year, but what if you could use all of those delicious ingredients in your skincare too? Well, you can! Because the ingredients in a PSL are actually full of antioxidants and vitamins that are great for your skin! This DIY exfoliating face mask recipe that we got from HGTV will keep your skin glowing all winter long.
The ingredients of this homemade mask are as delicious for your skin as they are to eat. Pumpkin is packed with vitamins for your skin and enzymes that help exfoliate and rejuvenate which makes it the perfect thing to target hyperpigmentation and the lackluster look we might have to our skin this time of year. Coffee is anti-inflammatory and can also tighten the skin. Honey is a humectant that helps hydrate the skin and also has antibacterial properties. Brown sugar is an awesome exfoliant for your skin, as it’s softer and less harsh than white sugar. Finally, cinnamon has antibacterial properties and can help fight bacteria and acne.
One note: most skin types will be fine when using cinnamon on the skin, but others can be irritated by it or get an allergic reaction! Consider doing a small patch test of this mask before you apply it to your whole face to make sure that you’re not going to react to any of the ingredients.
– ½ cup brown sugar
– 3 tablespoons honey
– 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
– 1 tablespoon ground coffee
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the honey and stir until the mixture is well blended. It should be thick!
- Apply the mixture to your face with a small spatula or your hands.
- Wait 10-20 minutes or until the mask dries. After that, you can just rinse it off with warm water, or you can dampen your hands and massage your face for a little extra exfoliation. Then rinse with warm water and remove any residual mask with a damp, warm washcloth.
(Original recipe from HGTV.)