10 Hair Care Tips:
- After shampoo and conditioning, be sure to rinse your hair thoroughly. Left-over product dulls hair.
- Distributing conditioner through your hair with a wide-toothed comb will leave your hair shiny and tangle-free.
- Apply conditioner from mid-lengths to ends. Conditioning your roots will weigh your hair down.
- If your hair is really dry, deep-condition at home. Apply conditioner to clean, damp hair; slip on a plastic cap and let your hair absorb for minutes.
- Rubbing your hair with a towel when it’s wet can ruffle the cuticle and cause tangles, so gently squeeze out excess water.
- Before blow drying, protect your hair with a styling product such as a conditioning milk, cream, or serum.
- Move your blow dryer from roots to ends to avoid frizz and shredding your hair cuticles.
- For smooth results, brush as you blow dry in the same direction. It will prevent your cuticle from roughing up.
- Make sure your hair is thoroughly dry before styling with a flat iron or curling iron to avoid frizz.
- For a fuller look, part or style your hair in the opposite direction.
3 Steps for a Great Scalp Massage
1. Spread shampoo evenly and work through your hair methodically: the top, then the sides and the back of the head. Ruffle your hair with your palms and fingertips, then massage your scalp and the length of your hair to help spread the shampoo thoroughly throughout your hair.
2. Massage your scalp energetically with your fingertips in a small circular motion. Move from the sides to the top of your head.
3. To help massage the scalp: firmly push your fingertips through your hair without lifting them up. Move from the front to the back and from the sides towards the top of your head. Applying continuous pressure with your fingertips helps to stretch your muscles out and relax the scalp. Don’t forget the back of your head which can be home to stress and muscular tension.