As much as we love laying out under the hot summer sun, we all know how harmful its UV rays can be for our skin. Research as shown that sunless tanning is the safest way to add a summer glow to our complexion.
To get the best results from your UV-free bronzing session, follow these simple steps that will ensure a streak-free, natural-looking, and long-lasting glow you’ll want to flaunt!
- Exfoliate 24 hours before tanning with an oil-free product, paying particular attention to areas where dry skin thickens most, like knee caps, elbows, and feet. One of our favorites is South Seas Bora Bora Scrub!
- Shave 1-2 days prior to your appointment, then wait to shave again at least one full day afterward. Also, use a razor without a moisturizing strip; the residue can lead to uneven tanning and streaking.
- Skip the lotion before tanning to allow the tanning solution to absorb into the skin. Also, wait at least five hours after your session to commence hydrating-and apply lotion regularly to increase the life of your tan. To make your tan last even longer, try South Seas unbeatable Tan Extender Lotion.
- Dress for the occasion. Wear dark, loose clothing to avoid the tanning solution from getting on the inside of your clothes right after you are sprayed.
- Wear polish on your fingernails and toenails to keep nail- beds from turning brown due to the tanning solution.
- Wait at least 8 hours to shower to allow your skin ample time to absorb the solution.