The therapists, estheticians, and staff at Spa Gregorie’s in Del Mar share their favorite tips, advice, and affirmations for living well and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Dehydration can be a huge problem during the warmer, summer months. Drink lots of water when it’s hot out to help rehydrate your skin cells, flush out toxins, and keep up a healthy & active lifestyle.
- Need a quick fix for soothing your sunburn? Add 2 cups of oatmeal to a lukewarm bath and soak for 30 minutes.
From our Retail Coordinator Tosha –
- One of my favorite skin care products is a tinted moisturizer, with an SPF of at least 25. This 3-in-1 product (moisturizer, SPF and makeup) makes getting ready in the mornings a breeze! And I love how it evens out my skin tone without having to apply heavy makeup.
- Have you tried a cream blush? This product is great for drier/mature skin types because it “glides” on the cheeks instead of settling in the lines and emphasizing wrinkles.
Spa Coordinator Samantha shares her easy, daily tips to be healthy:
- Drink 1 glass of water per hour
- Drink 3 cups of green tea per day
- Always eat breakfast
- Don’t exercise on an empty stomach.
Our estheticians share a favorite DIY skincare mask for acne-pone skin:
- Mix cinnamon powder and honey into a paste.
- Apply evenly to the skin.
- Allow the mixture to set for 1 hour and remove with warm water.
- Daily treatments are recommended.
Massage therapist Swit Dizon suggests:
- Practice body scan meditation. Lay on your back, legs uncrossed, with arms relaxed at your sides. Inhale, exhale, and breath deeply but slowly until you start to feel comfortable, relax and calm.
- Indulge once in awhile. Find your comfort food and enjoy. It gives you a break from being so standard.
Favorite Tips from our massage therapist Lani:
- Have a positive outlook. People who are positive tend to have better health and success in life than those who are negative thinkers.
- Surround yourself with friends and family members who are supportive. A research by Australian scientist suggested that people who have friends that they can count on to be there for them, live longer. (As reported by the BBC news http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4094632.stm)
- Have a raw food diet day, a day where eat only unprocessed and uncooked foods, once or twice a month. This way you give your body a break from all the food additives and preservatives. Make sure that you consume only organic foods.
- “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions” –Will Smith
- “Having a rough morning? Place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That’s called purpose; you’re alive for a reason. Don’t give up!”
- Who needs a booster shot? Massage has been proven to boost the immune system. (http://massageadvancer.com/massage-is-a-proven-immune-system-booster/140)