Although we still have a couple weeks before the official start of winter, we can already feel the frigid and dry air of the season. Now is the time to start thinking about your winter skincare action plan, before you get too busy baking turkeys, shopping for gifts and attending holiday parties with friends, family and coworkers.
For many people, the cold clear days of winter bring more than just a rosy glow to the cheeks–they also bring uncomfortable dryness to the face, hands and feet. With the colder weather outside and heaters running inside, our skin becomes very dehydrated this time of year.
Here are our solutions for protecting your moisture-deprived skin so you can stay soft, smooth and beautiful all season long:
- Any peel is fabulous this time of year to turnover skin cells and correct sun damage and pigmentation issues from the summer months. Our new Epicuren Lunchtime Peel is an effective 30-min peel customized for your skin by an expert esthetician. Plus there is very little redness or downtime following the facial so you can get right back to your busy schedule.
- The best-selling Arcona Organic Enzyme Peel is also great before the holidays, to help correct pigmentation, renew the skin, and brighten the complexion with Vitamin C.
- We love Holocuren Miracle Lips, a non-prescription alternative for cracked and chapped lips that even prevents cold sores with propolis and tea tree oil. The perfect solution to create kissable lips this mistletoe season.
- You may need to switch out your facial moisturizer for one that offers more hydration. Arcona Magic Dry Ice is an ultra hydrating anti-aging lotion with a blend of Clari-NET and Kombuchka to enhance skin smoothness. Or try Arcona Booster Defense Serum, which helps regenerate skin at a deep cellular level, eliminate impurities, protect against free radical damage and retain moisture.
- Microdermabrasion is the most natural and effective way to safely exfoliate the skin without using chemicals. Since it is the deepest form of exfoliation, it’s best to book these appointments during the short days of winter when we are in the sun less often. We offer microdermabrasion treatments as a series, or the supercharged combination Epicurabrasion facial.
- This is a great time to use retinol at night. One of our favorites is Arcona Vitamin A Complex, which helps brighten skin tone, clarify pores, and reverse sun damage.
- Even though it is winter, UVA rays from the sun can still penetrate the clouds and cause damage. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen daily! We recommend Epicuren’s reformulated Zinc Oxide Perfecting Sunscreen now with increased SPF and lightening daisy extract.